A bakery, otherwise known as a baker's shop, is a food establishment that primarily makes flour-based products like cakes, pastries, bread, and pies to be sold to customers. These are generally undesirable as a base, because they do not offer much benefit to the common survivor who happens to stumble across one.
- A bakery contains various foods that can be looted during the beginning of the apocalypse
- Booths used to display the food can be used as a defense measure, such as barricading doors and windows
- These booths can also be used as storage of small items
- A bakery could have large quantities of foods like powdered milk, condensed milk, flour, nuts, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar, and even wheat berries (unground flour) which can last for 35+ years.
- Supplies, other than silverware and the perishables found inside a bakery, will be difficult to find unless one chooses to scavenge from buildings nearby
- Bakeries usually have large windows, allowing even a single zombie to smash through and enjoy a tasty treat
- Bakeries don't offer much room for farming and living space
- Unless they are eaten during the first few days of the apocalypse, are canned, or are somehow otherwise preserved prior to discovery, the foods found inside a bakery are sure to spoil quickly