A bank vault is a secure space where money, valuables, records, and documents can be stored. It is intended to protect their contents from theft, unauthorized use, fire, natural disasters, and other threats. In a apocalypse a vault would be a safe place to hide and lock yourself in to protect yourself from zombies. But living there would be uncomfortable and impractical.
- They are very secure places. Safe from fires, breach and natural disasters. These are not easily penetrable even by explosives.
- Banks themselves are big and a vault can be used as a safe-room.
- They are usually spacious, so you can store lots of supplies and people.
- It will be overlooked by bandits as money being useless will make the small quanta of loot inside pointless to obtain.
- Extremely difficult to escape from if locked inside.
- It is not designed to open easily, so gaining entry it may be a challenge.
- It doesn't have many supplies.
- The vault doesn't have any furniture to rest on.
- If the bank itself is breached by the undead, the vault will become your tomb.
- Basically a prison if attacked it has no options for escape, seeing as it has only one entrance.