Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A bug-out bag is a portable kit that contains the items one would require to survive for seventy-two hours when evacuating from a disaster. The focus is on evacuation, rather than long-term survival.
Many things can be placed in a bug out bag, but your basic needs should be addressed: Food, water and shelter. Additional needs such as defense and first aid are also paramount. Above all, great care must be taken to assure mobility. The bag must be light and small enough to be moved quickly and quietly. A basic bug out bag should contain the following:
- A disaster plan including rallying points, possible evacuation routes, etc.
- Battery or crank-operated radio
- Can opener
- Cooking supplies
- Duct tape
- Fire starting tool
- Firearms and ammunition
- First aid kit
- Fixed-blade and folding knife
- Lighting (battery or crank operated flashlight, glow sticks)
- Non-perishable food
- Plastic tarps for shelter and water collection
- Several gallons of water
- Sleeping bag or blanket
- Slingshot, pellet gun, blowgun or other small game hunting equipment
- Water purification supplies
- Weather appropriate clothing (e.g., poncho, headwear, gloves, etc.)
- Wire for binding and animal traps