- somewhat isolated
- deer or other large game can be hunted
- off the ground being only accessible by ladder or climbing a tree
- you may find basic survival supplies that previous owners left like
* a few rounds of ammunition * bottled water * matches * band aids or other basic medical supplies * hats or gloves * snack foods * puzzles or other quiet entertainment
But to point out the obvious that is probably very rare and you would be extremely lucky.
- since it's high up you could have 5 people in a larger one, 4 with high powered hunting or battle rifles that stand or sit by windows and a 5th who shoots zombies as the go up the ladder. He should be armed with a short range weapon like a shotgun,submachine gun, or pistol.
- not a common top choice for the z day
- small in space
- few resources
- you need corn/grain to attract deer
- times when deer come out would be complicated because:
* deer come out at dawn and dusk and can rarely be seen during the day * zombies travel at Those EXACTLY SAME TIMES * with that being said for zombies you will need to light to find zombies then which scares deer * if you shot a deer you have to go get it ASAP so zombies don't eat it * well when you do go down you are very vulnerable
- deer stands are only normally held up by ropes and metal poles which could be taken out by a zombie or a zombie-turned deer could push it over getting you and every one in the group killed
- and last they can't hold much more than a few hundred pounds which limits group size and gear capacity
In conclusion not the best place but for 1-9 days it could function as a base. But also you could have multiple deer stands arranged in a circle to kill more zombies and avoid being surrounded .