A Fire Station (also called a fire house, fire hall, or firemen's hall) is a structure or other area set aside for storage of firefighting apparatus such as fire engines and related vehicles, personal protective equipment, fire hoses and other specialized equipment. It may also have dormitory living facilities and work areas for the use of fire fighters. These make an adequate shelter or base for a medium-sized group.
- Fire engines and other vehicles, which can be used as barricades or as transportation if needed, are very commonly found at fire stations
- Fire hydrants in the vicinity can supply a seemingly unlimited amount of drinkable water
- Tools and weapons such as fire axes, fire extinguishers, flashlights, and "the Jaws of Life" (which can be used to pry open gun safes or the similar in houses nearby) can also be found in fire stations
- Although it contains a plethora of useful things, not many people will think to loot or scavenge a fire station
- Sirens can be used for an emergency.
- If used, sirens may attract even more undead lurking around
- Undead that have been wearing their protective equipment for a long time make them unsanitary and unsafe for reuse
- If the infected retain their knowledge, they may be able to use weapons to their advantage.
- A disadvantage to the fire hydrant is that the water used may not come from a sanitary source, and the "seemingly unlimited amount of drinkable water" will only stay that was so long as the water pressure in the pipes hold out.