Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Gewehr 43 ("Rifle 1943") is a semi-automatic produced by Walther Arms during World War 2. The Gewehr 43 was an improvement over the earlier model Gewehr 41, first introduced in the early 40s. The 43 model was more reliable due to improvements on certain parts and was superior to the model Mauser designed in order to replace the G41.
The Gewehr 43 saw action from it's introduction in 1943 until the fall of Germany by 1945.
The Gewehr 43 was a major improvement over the G41 due to the fact that modifications were made on the gas system of the weapon, improving it's reliability in combat. It's maximum range with the sights were 500 meters, but with a telescopic sight, range was improved by adding 300 meters. It fired a 7.92mm Mauser from a 10 round box magazine similar to that of the M14 and M1 Carbine.
- Very reliable and less time consuming than a bolt-action rifle as they are semi-automatic.
- Shooter doesn't need to worry about loading the weapon with individual rounds if scoped.
- Is accurate as a bolt-action rifle.
- Gun isnt manufactured anymore, nor readily available on the market. So not only is obtaining one hard, maintaining the gun is an issue.
- Full caliber cartridge has more recoil than an intermediate cartridge.
- Ammo might become an issue because even though mauser ammo is massed produced all over the world today, it may be hard to find based off you location.
- No bayonet lug