A helicopter is a type of rotorcraft in which lift and thrust are supplied by one or more engine driven
rotors. In contrast with fixed-wing aircraft, this allows the helicopter to take off and land vertically, to hover, and to fly forwards, backwards and laterally. These attributes allow helicopters to be used in congested or isolated areas where fixed-wing aircraft would not be able to take off or land. The capability to efficiently hover for extended periods of time allows a helicopter to accomplish tasks that fixed-wing aircraft and other forms of vertical takeoff and landing aircraft cannot perform.
Helicopters are usually seen as a godsend to anyone who may need assistance. As stated above, helicopters can take off and land vertically. This is good for a quick get away off of a building or other space where another escape route is compromised. Also stated before, they can hover in one place for periods of time, which can be helpful for fire support. Helicopters can be used for patrols along the perimeter of your base.
- Very maneuverable.
- Great shooting platform.
- May come armed depending on type.
- Many cannot be penetrated by zombies.
- Can fly above zombie hordes.
- Impossible to use without a qualified rotary wing pilot.
- Nearly impossible to repair without proper knowledge and parts that may be necessary.
- The loud noise can attract more zombies.