Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A basic medical kit is an essensial component for any zombie survival scenario. It will commonly be found in homes or civilian cars. It should contain the following:
- Antibiotic ointment (Neosporin)
- Magnifying glass
- Razor blades
- Rubber gloves (latex free)
- Sanitizing wipes
- Surgical tape
If you find yourself traveling with a large group, or if you are in a situation where weight isn't a problem, you may want to include a wider assortment of medical gear. Such as:
- Hot/Cold packs
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Iodine (to clean water, it can also disinfect in a pinch)
- Isopropyl (rubbing) Alcohol (disinfects surfaces, can start fires)
- Medical mask
- Rubber bands
- Super glue (liquid stitches)
Other medical supplies may be required due to environment or pre existing medical conditions. They may include, but are not limited to:
- ADHD medications (trade, energy)
- Amphetamine tablets (energy)
- Birth control
- Caffeine pills (energy)
- Cortisone cream (poison ivy, rashes)
- Insulin and syringes
- Loperamide (treats diarrhea)
- Ondansetrom (vomiting)
- Percocet (serious pain)
- Prenatal Vitamins
- Propranolol (PTSD treatment)
- Steroids (pulmonary disorders)
- Vicodin (serious pain and trade)
Medicine should be kept cool and dry to keep them for as long as possible. This can be achieved via bottles, Bags, or tupperware like containers. Pills should always be kept in ziplock bags, with their contents labled, and the instructions/facts list included inside. This is to conserve space, and to minimize the sound of pills rattling around in their containers, a sound much like a dinnerbell to the hordes of undead.
- Pharmacies keep most of their high strength medications behind locked cabinets and safes, so you will need a crow bar, a cutting torch, or the pharmacist’s keys to get to them.
- The “legend” drugs (expensive ones that require connections and/or prescriptions to acquire) will be some of the first to be looted from hospitals and pharmacies, so you will probably have to settle for generic and over the counter medications, lest you're willing to risk your life looting them first or buying them from a black market.
- Many drugs can still be effective after their printed expiration date. Keep in mind that they begin to degrade in strength and effectiveness as they age past that date.