Ranger Stations are cabins where national park protection is a main priority. Park rangers are working to protect the park from all kind of threats, like poachers and wild animals. During a zombie apocalypse, ranger stations are a relatively safe base.
- These are normally isolated from cities, which means a lower risk for bandits and zombie hordes.
- If there is still a ranger alive, he or she can show you where is the best place to hunt, fish, and refill on clean water.
- If there is a lot of fertile soil around the station, it can be used for farming and keeping animals for either food or protection.
- Ranger stations will be pretty easy to protect and barricade.
- A ranger station might have at least one vehicle that you can use for long trips.
- Ranger stations may be a target for forest scavengers (both animals and humans).
- Ranger stations won´t have their own firearms, those are brought by park rangers with their own licenses.
- Since they are far away from cities, it is more difficult to scavenge for supplies.
- Some ranger stations do not have very good insulation, so it may get very cold in the autumn and winter months.
- The station might not be built for storms, that could either rip the station apart or make a tree nearby fall on it.
- Vulnerable to forest fires.