The odds of survival are compounded by belonging to a team. Any team that is not actively growing will lose effectiveness as it loses personnel. A group could theoretically be large enough to reach self-sufficiency by normal reproduction, but most groups will increase in size by bringing in new members. This is called recruiting.
When recruiting, loyal, competent, intelligent people are desirable. Also look for those with valuable resources. Also try not to let people in who don't contribute anything or could be a drain on resources.
There are a variety of roles that need to be filled in a team dedicated to zombie warfare. Some of these are listed below.
- The lead position is something that can be easy to covet, but it is often unclear where the true power lies. It is not advisable to seek power, as internal squabbling will only destroy the effectiviness of the team. An effective leader must have leadership aptitude, logistical planning skills and good interpersonal skills.
- An effective group will have well established lines of authority. Everyone should have a voice, but it must be brutally clear to everyone when to speak. Advisors are also valuable in replacing the leader if neccesary.
- When dealing with inferiors, it can be tempting to lead by displays of force. This is not always preferable, as fear can lead to hate, rather then the respect a group needs to function well. Fear is a powerful tool, but can quickly turns against the leader if misused. That said, a leader must not be afraid to assassinate, or brutalize when neccesary.
Specialized persons should focus on educating to create a more stable court. It is very important that knowledge disseminate to prevent loss.
- Prior knowledge in communications can be valuable, whether it deals with two-way units, ham, or other system.
Medical Specialist (Medic)Edit
- Everyone must know first aid, but a specialized medic can be a great asset in terms of education and advanced procedures.
- Explosives are a powerful force, and several people should be made proficient.
- Specifing drivers can be a valuable tactic, as it shifts responsibility to an individual. Thus, the individual cares for the vehicle instead of the vacuous bulk of humanity.
- Several people should be specified to keep eyes pointed outward and dispatch threats at long range. Work them in shifts.
- A recon is a dude that does things that recons useally do. The most important thing to know about them is that they do there job or get an arrow to the knee!!!!!
Chemical expert (chemist)Edit
- Can serve also as an help to the explosives specialist, but can also be useful to deem if meat, fish and plants are safe for eating, by looking for pollutants.
- An important role if traveling on foreign lands, where it is not sure if native survivors speak your language.
- Another important role in foreign lands. Knowledge of the land, environment, zombie population and potential hazards can proof essential.
- Very important role to keep walls, buildings, and any other structure in tip top safe working order.