The Saiga-12 is a 12-gauge shotgun available in a wide range of configurations, patterned after the Kalashnikov series of rifles and named for the Saiga antelope. Like the Kalashnikov rifle variants, it is a rotating bolt, gas-operated gun that feeds from a box magazine.
- Ammo for this gun is common (12 gauge).
- Semi auto.
- Very powerful at close range.
- Faster reload than many other shotguns as it uses a box magazine, or a drum magazine.
- Large magazine size of a shotgun (10 rounds for a box magazine and 20-30 for a drum magazine).
- Only useful for close range fighting, like other shotguns, unless using slug rounds.