Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Sewers are tunnels dug underground to transport sewage and waste. They are dark and filthy places so making it a base is not recommended. Also, bear in mind that not all sewers are huge and roomy, as commonly depicted in video games such as Left 4 Dead and Resident Evil 2; many are small and cramped.
- They are easily found and accessible simply by opening a manhole that covers the entrance
- They allow movement through the city they are underneath with relative safety from the zombies that stumble above
- A working filtration system could create plenty of fresh water
- Large sewers can house a lot of people
- Sewers are usually pretty dark, despite having a few lights that will most definitely stop working once the power shuts off
- Sewers are dark, filthy and full of disease
- Explosive, poisonous methane gas can linger in a sewer because of the large presence of fecal matter and other bodily waste
- Many sewers are tiny, confined spaces and are difficult to move throughout
- It has no supplies except maybe some tools that can be looted from a zombified worker
- They could already be full of zombies from a previous failed recolonization attempt
- Grates could block some parts of the sewer, making them inaccessible until the proper tools used to remove them are found
- The lack of light could cause survivors to go crazy
- Growing food will be impossible because there is no dirt or sunlight
- The only option for food is to scavenge which can be very dangerous
- Lack of food could cause panic
- Since they are tight spaces melee fighting will be difficult