A ski resort is a large area where people can ski or snowboard on different kinds of mountains and hills. They also have a ski lodge where skiers can rest, eat and/or sleep. These places are mostly build on the foot of a mountain, which makes it a cold but perfect base if it has enough resources. Some ski resorts have their own power source, like a wind turbine or solar panels, which could be used to generate electricity, but one must know how to operate them.
- Plenty of food.
- A power source (not all ski resorts have them).
- Ski resorts tend to be located in cold, snowy areas. The snow can be melted to make water.
- Could be close to a small town, where supplies can be scavenged from.
- Usually found in isolated places. Lower risk of bandits and/or zombie hordes.
- Some larger ski resorts have an infrimary, for medical supplies.
- Plenty of fireplaces to warm up the place.
- Some ski lodges are very luxurious.
- Equipment for skiing and mountain climbing.
- Some ski resorts have a helicopter.
- When their food supply runs out, one has the option to go hunting or fishing.
- It can get very cold.
- Large, which makes it harder to keep safe.
- The power source may have transformers, which need maintenance to work.
- Low on guns and ammo.
- Risk of avalanches.
- This kind of base shows up in the video game of The Walking Dead Season 2.