Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Even in America, guns can be very hard to find. In large parts of Europe, it may be impossible. And in any part of the world an overwhelming percentage of the population uneducated on the subject of firearms. Most of those claiming to understand firearms have video gaming, often modern warfare two, as their sole experience with weapons, which is no substitute whatsoever for practical instruction from a qualified rangemaster, hours at a range and experience servicing a firearm. Under no circumstances should you trust with a firearm anyone who has cites modern warfare two as training experience.
In case of a zombie outbreak, without guns, alternate methods are:
- Kitchen knives are not recommended, due to their length. This creates hazard in confronting a zombie. To add to that danger, most people buy inexpensive knives and use them and almost never think about sharpening them. Because of this, knives often start out weak and and wind up dull. It is possible to destroy a zombie that is facing away from you by inserting a knife in between the skull and first vertebrea or between any two vertabrea. Knives are a neccessity for noncombat purposes, however.
- Fire extinguisher: it is theoretically possible to engage a fire extinguisher as a weapon, but it is ungainly. Fluid on the surface will make a extinguisher impossible to grip, so rain or blood could easily destroy the effectivness of it as a weapon.
- Meat tenderizer hammer: designed for lightly tapping meat on a kitchen table, it is a great choice if you intentend to lightly tap meat on a kitchen table.
- Frying pans typically have handles not designed for actual use beyond shifting sausages to the back burner. They are heavy.
- Wooden chair: A simple wooden chair is not really a weapon capable of killing a zombie, but people can underestimate the time tossing a heavy object at a zombie can buy them, so long as it is only one or two zombies, and not in cramped confines.
- Golf clubs: While they may seem like good makeshift clubs, they are not very strong and they can bend easily when used to attack zombies. It can be used until something stronger can be found, but should be avoided as a primary weapon.
- The machete: is a wonderful tool and weapon. It can be used for cutting, opening and breaking a great deal of things, including zombie spinal cords, fire wood, rope, cans of food (if sanitary), windows, doors, stairs, and can be used, if sharp and clean, to clean wild game. This weapon is as close to a sword as can reasonably expected, and a cheap sword is always inferior to even a poor machete. Cold Steel produces a line of bargain machetes that will provide years of heavy service. Cold Steel also has a website and magazines that will provide hours of highly enjoyable voyeurism for the zombie survivalist.
- An Axe: Arguably the next best thing to a machete, the axe can be used to chop down things of the wooden variety (as intentded), such as doors, barricades, and making/choping down trees into firewood. The only problem with the axe is that it could hypothetically get stuck in a zombies head.
- The shovel: The shovel, even unsharpened, proves to be quite effective against zombies becuase even a moderate swing focused by the edge of the blade will produce amplified effects. A shovel can also be used to hold back assailants at a choke point. shovels, because of lenght and weight, typically have a long recovery time and may prove more of a hindrance in small, confines or against a group of zombies.
- A crowbar: Because of a lack of edges, a crowbar never dulls. Becuase of heavy steel construction, a crowbar never breaks. Becauase of the shape, a crowbar is useful in prying, climbing, poking, hitting, and braining. Crowbars can be used to gain entry to otherwise unreachable places, such as those ladders that don't quite reach the ground and fire escapes.
- Baseball Bat: Wooden bats are prone to splintering and breaking after a few neutralisations, while Aluminium are prone to denting after a few dozen hits. Not recomended to much, especially as a secondary weapon as they would prove cumbersome for such a small use.
- Hurley: Plentiful in Ireland, reccommened secondary weapon. Prone to splintering, though reported to be more reliable than a baseball bat.
- Toilet Tank Lid.Should not be used unless nothing else is available.
- Any Other Weapons That You Happen To Have: If you happen to be a weapon collector, or just a zombie survivalist that doesn't own any guns (for whatever reason), you can always use what weapons you happen to have. Be it a replica, some fancy mantle peice, or even an actual battle ready weapon (in the case of a zombie survivalist), its better than nothing. Be wary if it is made out of stainless steel, as such a weapon could bend or break easily, depending on the quality of the steel. Just make sure you know how to and have wielded it before.