A tree house can be quite useful in a zombie apocalypse for a loner if they have enough food and ammunition to survive. However, a tree house (depending on where you live and how many you have seen in your neighborhood) can be difficult to locate and can be very hard to enter if there is no way up the tree. If it is near your base it can be a useful sniper position however, depending on the size of the tree house, there will not be much room since most tree houses only have a single room.
1. Bandits and looters will most likely not check a tree house.
2. Zombies will have trouble getting up there.
3. Could make a good look out for humans and zombies coming.
- Unless you have a form of escape, you can be subjected to siege.
- Bandits can easily penetrate the tree house's lackluster defenses.
- Can take a while to build
- Usually not much room
- Usually not very high up, making escape (if surrounded) difficult
- Wood stays wet for a long time
- Usually doesn't have good insulation.
- You are not an elf, so don't expect to not be seen by living human eyes. So, unless you are Legolas, you will spend a while searching for camouflage.
- zombies will horde around the bottom so you can go get supplies.