The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, commonly known as the United Kingdom (UK) or Britain, is a sovereign country in western Europe. During the apocalypse, the major cities in the U.K. will have large losses, while the rural areas may stand a chance. The U.K. has a powerful army, navy and air force, so they may be able to clear the undead threat in the U.K. The U.K. has extremely strict gun laws, so civilians may have to improvise in the case of a zombie attack.
- The U.K. has powerful armed forces.
- The U.K. has plenty of rural areas with a low population density.
- The U.K. is an island, so if the apocalypse doesn't start in Britain, then it would be possible for Britain to be zombie free, unless the pathogen is airborne.
- Strict gun laws, so civilians may have to improvise to fight of zombies.
- Cities such as London or Glasgow have high population densities.
28 Days Later Edit
In the 28 Days Later series, the apocalypse is set mostly in the United Kingdom. The outbreak starts in a primate research centre in Cambridge, England. After a group of animal rights activists set free some chimpanzees infected with the rage virus, the activists got bitten and the infection spread quickly through the U.K.