Food and drinks will be one of the most sought after supplies during the zombie apocalypse and for a good reason. Without food or water we cannot function and eventually we would die. Here is a list of foods and drinks which would be a good choice for the zombie apocalypse.
- Water: By far, water will be one of your most important supplies. You can last a few weeks without food but only about a week without water. Without water, you will become dehydrated and dehydration leads to exhaustion and eventually death even if no zombies, dangerous animals or crazed survivors are present.
- Canned food: This is very obvious because in nearly every zombie movie, TV show and video game, the survivors are eating canned food. This is for a good reason. Canned food can last for up to a year if unopened and doesn't require refrigeration.
- MREs: MRE stands for Meal, Ready to Eat. These are commonly eaten by the military and MREs come in many different types. You can get MREs with nearly anything, from spaghetti to burgers. They would be useful in the apocalypse because you can eat them quickly and they are easy to eat.
- Peanut butter: You may be wondering "why peanut butter", but the main reason peanut butter is on the list is because it is highly nutritious and it makes stale or tasteless foods taste a lot better. For example, if you find stale bread or biscuits, peanut butter will improve the flavor.
- Nuts and dried fruit: Nuts and dried fruit are on the list because they last for a long time and they are highly nutritious.
- Energy drinks: Energy drinks give you short bursts of energy which would be helpful if you're on the run from zombies, however they contain large amounts of sugar and may make you thirsty.
- Honey: Honey can be used to make other foods taste better and it never spoils as long as it is sealed. It's low amount of water and chemical makeup also makes it useful as an emergency disinfectant.