Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This page may have several issues that require cleanup.|
One will need a backpack with the following items:
- At least one firearm.
- Remember to take into account the reliability of the firearm, weight and size of the firearm and ammo and the power and availability of the ammo.
- A melee weapon, preferably a multipurpose knife, such as the military issued KBAR.
- At least one large container for water. Camel backs are excellent for this purpose and readily available in most sporting good stores.
- Practical survival clothes. If one lives in a climate with cold winters or hot summers, clothes should be packed accordingly. Stronger, bite resistant fabrics such as leather jackets are recommend in most circumstances.
- As many tinned meats, fruits and vegetables one can carry.
- Protein or fruit bars, dry granola, peanut butter, nuts and vitamins are also good to pick up when you find them.
- Flashlight and extra batteries, first aid-kit, a compass, fire starter and sharpening stone are all items that should be seriously considered too.
- Toothpaste, a toothbrush and soap. While hygiene is very important to keeping one healthy and thus alive in the long run, the ability to bath will be limited at best, and thus these items should be near the bottom of the things you need when preparing an apocalypse kit, especially when in a hurry.